Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Gabriel “El Huracan” & Melanie B.Rose from Montreal will teach weekend workshops, March 21 and 22 with a milonga on Saturday night, March 21, all at the Woodfords Club. Details soon!
- Much-loved teacher Javier Rochwarger from Buenos Aires will teach weekend workshops May 2 & 3, 2015. as well as two classes each Thursday evening in May and will be available, as always, for private classes. This is his 13th year teaching in Portland.
- Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Tuesdays Mar 10 – Apr 14th 6:45 – 8:15pm - Beginner/Fundamentals at Lincoln Middle School. Organized through Portland Adult Education.
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga la Coqueta - Every 4th Saturday – save the dates: Feb 28th, Mar 28, Apr 25, May 23 June 27 2015
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
- Tuesday Evening Guided Practica 7-9pm, , Woodfords Corner Area
- Starting Mar 1st, Sunday Daytime Practica 5-7 pm, Woodfords Corner Area, Rotating DJs (through May 24th)
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!