Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Connection & Improvisation/Musicality through Movement and Figures: An Argentine Tango Advanced Beginner Series with Paul Bavineau, Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm, precedes practica at Maine Ballroom, Nov 5 to Dec 17 (not Thanksgiving week). FMI: click here
- A six-week series with Dominic Tracey will start Tuesday, January 6th, 2015. Classes will be from 7-9 p.m. at the East End Community School in Portland. For more information and to register, click here.
- Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Mondays from 10/27-12/1/14 and Tuesdays 1/12 – 2/23/15 6:45 – 8:15pm - Beginner/Fundamentals at Lincoln Middle School. Organized through Portland Adult Education.
- HOLD THE DATES! Much-loved teacher, Javier Rochwarger from Buenos Aires will teach weekend workshops on February 21 & 22, and May 2 & 3, 2015. He will teach two classes each Thursday evening in May and will be available, as always, for private classes. This will be his 13th year teaching in Portland. Don’t know Javier? Click here!
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga la Coqueta – Ongoing 3rd Saturdays! (** changing to 4th Saturdays in 2015). Next one is Dec 20th with Boston DJ Roger Wood. Other fantastic DJ’s lined up for 2015!
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!