Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Next Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Mondays 4/27 – 5/18 at Lincoln Middle School. Please register through Portland Adult Education.
- Six-Week Series with Dominic Tracey on Thursdays from 6:30-8pm runs 5/21-6/25 at Evo Rock + Fitness, 65 Warren Ave. Register here.
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga la Coqueta - Next one May 23 with DJ Adira ***Change of venue this time only! BRIGHT STAR WORLD DANCE corner of Spring and High sts.***. Pre milonga class 8:15 – 9:00 with Emma: Fast milonga techniques, leader embrace needs and lightning follower footwork.
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
- The Tuesday Practica is discontinued (moved to Thursday) effective immediately!
- Thursday Evening Guided Practica 8-10pm Evo Rock + Fitness
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!