Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- World-renowned Tomás Howlin returns to teach in Portland, July 12. Click here for details.
- Next Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Mondays from 9/8 – 10/20/14 6:45 – 8:15pm - Beginner/Fundamentals at Lincoln Middle School. Organized through Portland Adult Education.
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga la Coqueta – Ongoing 3rd Saturdays! Next one June 21st: Premilonga mini lesson 8:15 – 9:00pm: “A useful rhythmic structure for tango and vals” taught by Emma.
(NO MILONGA in July, back to normal in August w DJ Milton)
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
- Sunday Practica : varying dates, times and locations – please check the page for details.
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!