Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Next 6 week Tango FUN-damentals session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Mondays from 6:45 – 8:15 pm, 11/2 – 12/7/15 at Lincoln Middle School. Please register through Portland Adult Education
- Argentine Tango Six-Week Series with Dominic Tracey begins 9/17 at Evo Rock + Fitness yoga studio. Some dance experience expected. No partner needed.
- Tilly and Adam are teaching a series of worships starting 9/23 at Maine Ballroom Dance. [info]
Milongas and Events!
Milonga Errática, Hosted by Laura at Mayo St Arts. Saturday October 24th, Friday November 20th, and Friday December 18th. Note this milonga changes days of the week between Saturday and Friday!
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos & Jewel
- Thursday Evening Guided Practica
7:30-9:30pm Evo Rock + Fitness (Note: starts at 8pm through 10/22 because of the workshops and is FREE!)
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!