Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Ney Melo & Jennifer Bratt will teach a weekend of workshops on February 7 & 8. FMI Click here
- Much-loved teacher Javier Rochwarger from Buenos Aires will teach weekend workshops on February 21 & 22, and May 2 & 3, 2015. He will teach two classes each Thursday evening in May and will be available, as always, for private classes. This will be his 13th year teaching in Portland. Description and registration materials (advance discount!) for February are here.
- A six-week series with Dominic Tracey started Tuesday, January 6th, 2015. Classes are from 7-9 p.m. at the East End Community School in Portland. For more information and to register, click here.
- Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Tuesdays 1/12 – 2/23/15 6:45 – 8:15pm - Beginner/Fundamentals at Lincoln Middle School. Organized through Portland Adult Education.
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga de Invierno, February 7, 8-12m, in conjunction w/ Ney & Jennifer’s workshops. FMI click here
- Milonga la Coqueta - Every 4th Saturday
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!