Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
Classes and Workshops!
- Much-loved teacher Javier Rochwarger from Buenos Aires will teach weekend workshops May 2 & 3, 2015. as well as two classes on May 7 and will be available, as always, for private classes. This is his 13th year teaching in Portland. Click here for more information and registration materials
- Next Beginner Tango session with Emma Holder and Laura Balladur runs Mondays 4/27 – 5/18 at Lincoln Middle School. Please register through Portland Adult Education.
Milongas and Events!
- Milonga la Coqueta - April 25th with DJ Jessica Schilling (Boston). Save the dates: Apr 25, May 23, June 27, NOT July, Aug 22, Sept 19th**, Oct 24th, Nov 20th**, Dec 18th** 2015
- ** = NOT 4th Saturdays due to schedule conflicts.
New to dancing at milongas?
We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos.
- Tuesday Evening Guided Practica 7-9pm, Woodfords Club
- Sunday Daytime Practica 5-7 pm, Woodfords Club, Rotating DJs (through May 24th) NOT 4/12
Tango Digital Archive!
What are we doing to preserve the international musical treasure of Tango Music? Partnering with Buenos Aires musicians and artists to create an online digital archive, of course! To learn more about this – click here!